With the spread of Covid-19 resulting in significant and damaging impacts on the UK restaurant and takeaway sector, Just Eat has today launched an emergency support package for its independent Restaurant Partners.
The £10m+ package of support will immediately direct funds back to Restaurant Partners and will see the following apply for the next 30 days:
- A commission rebate of one third (33%) on all commissions paid by independent restaurants to Just Eat
- In addition, we are removing commission across all collection orders to help reduce the pressure on restaurants’ delivery operations, where collection is still available
- Just Eat will waive all sign-up fees for new restaurants joining the platform**
In order to support restaurants’ cashflow as well as unlocking additional revenue opportunities Just Eat is also committing to:
- Continuing to pay restaurants weekly including the rebate now in place
- Relaxing any arrangements with independent partners that may be in place to enable them to work with other delivery aggregators, regardless of existing contractual terms
Andrew Kenny, UK Managing Director at Just Eat, said, “These are some of the most challenging times the restaurants we work with have ever been through. We want to show our support and help them to keep their doors open, so they can focus on doing what they do best - delivering food to people across the UK every day.
'We know our Restaurant Partners are worried about their teams - from chefs to delivery drivers - and these measures will go some way to helping them maintain their operations and support their people.
“The food delivery industry has a crucial role to play at this time of national crisis and it is only right that as the market leader in the UK Just Eat steps up to help our independent partners so they can keep delivering for the communities that need them.”
Recognising the crucial role of food delivery in communities across the UK during this time of national crisis, Just Eat is also working on other initiatives to support groups including the vulnerable and isolated, frontline workers and couriers. These will be announced in due course.
Just Eat has 35,700 Restaurant Partners in the UK, delivering to 95% of UK postcodes.