Costa Coffee has just reopened 31 additional Drive-Thru sites allowing customers to enjoy a barista coffee and snacks whilst on an essential journey.
Fifteen Takeaway Stores have reopened, allowing customers to enter the store and collect a coffee to takeaway.
For those customers visiting a takeaway store, they look and feel quite different. These changes have been made to protect team members and customers.
The changes are as follows:
• The number of customers entering a store at one time will be restricted depending on the store size
• Clear floor signage will ask customers to support all social distancing guidelines when queuing both inside and outside the store.
• Once inside there will be a hand sanitiser station for customers to use and only one customer will be allowed to the counter at a time, which have been fitted with Perspex screens.
• To maintain a contactless service, the sites only accept contactless payment and are not able to accept physical Coffee Club cards. Customers can still collect and redeem loyalty points using the Costa app.
• There is a limited menu on offer and sites are unable to accept reusable cups for the time being.
• Team members will be wearing personal protective equipment but there’s a warm smile greeting customers underneath.
CEO Jill McDonald said, 'All of us here at Costa Coffee hope you and your family and friends are safe and well. Over the past three weeks, in line with Government guidelines, we have been trialling social distancing across a small number of Costa stores.
'We have also enhanced our hygiene procedures and adapted our operations, including contactless payment only and providing personal protective equipment for all team members.
'We have received some great feedback from our store team members and customers have responded well to our new ways of working. This has given us the confidence to re-open some more stores.
'We look forward to welcoming customers safely back into our stores and thank those team members working to support us as we re-open. To find out which stores are open, and for information on how you can order a Costa delivery via Uber Eats, click here.'