Scottish craft brewer and bar operator, BrewDog has just launched the BrewDog Kickstart Collective to support independent businesses across the UK.
Any independent bar, pub or bottle shop can apply to form part of the collective, which is being formed to help independent outlets navigate the challenges of reopening.
Independent businesses exist at the very heart of the UK economy, with small businesses creating well over half of total private sector employment in the UK. For those who own and operate a pub, bar or bottleshop, there have never been more uncertain and concerning times.
Joining with leading industry experts including Citation HR, Food Alert and Supersonic Inc, BrewDog will offer a programme of insights, information sharing, free stock, training and staff discounts.
The Ten Bells Shoreditch, Bloc Glasgow, Albert Hall Manchester, Barrowlands Glasgow, Tolbooth Ellon and Rehill’s of Jesmond are amongst several outlets already signed up to take part in the initiative.
COO David McDowall commented, “Across the country businesses are fighting to survive during this crisis. Nowhere is this impact being felt more than in small independent businesses.
'At BrewDog, we have supported independent bars and pubs in the hospitality sector since day one, and just as importantly, we are very grateful for how those businesses supported us as we grew over the years.
'We hope that, in some small way, this programme of support will give some of them a better chance of surviving, and in turn help protect the diverse, unique and creative hospitality industry in the UK, that we are so proud to be a part of.”
The fund will initially be open to the first 500 applicants that will receive the following support from the brewer:
• £250 of BrewDog beer to help with the restocking of their venue before reopening.
• Access to BrewDog’s research and plans on re-opening, and advice and guidance on re-opening practices, safety measures, marketing and promotion, and more from a range of industry experts including Food Alert, Citation HR and Supersonic Inc.
• Access for their teams to online beer training sessions from one of BrewDog’s awesome Certified Cicerone beer sommeliers.
• A discount card for each member of their teams to use in BrewDog bars once they reopen.
• Promotion of their venue on the BrewDog website where we will post a map of all of the fantastic businesses that we are supporting through this initiative.
• An invite to a live webinar with practical advice on the reboot of hospitality, led by David McDowall, its COO featuring industry expert guests.
Signup for The BrewDog Kickstart Collective is open now at https://www.brewdog.com/uk/kickstartcollective.