Travelodge has opened its first hotel in Workington town centre, close to the railway station.
This is the town’s first branded budget hotel and the company’s ninth hotel in Cumbria, cementing Travelodge’s presence across all corners of the Lake District.
Workington Travelodge is a 78-room hotel that represents a multi-million investment for third party investors, and has created 15 new jobs within the community.
Three quarters of the positons at Workington Travelodge have been filled by parents – who were attracted by Travelodge’s Parents Programme. This bespoke scheme offers flexible working hours around the school run, a career development programme allowing parents to climb the career ladder from an entry level position into management whist raising their family.
The hotel features an on-site restaurant called the Bar-Café, on-site car park and a range of family, double and accessible rooms.
Workington Travelodge has been designed in the company’s contemporary brand design. All rooms feature the bespoke luxurious king-size Travelodge Dreamer bed, which sits within a mood lighting surround and has spacious bedside shelves featuring charging ports. In addition all family rooms include two individual beds for children.
The rooms also feature an en-suite bathroom, power shower, comfort cooling, to enable you to regulate the temperature of your room, a 32 inch Freeview TV, free in-room tea & coffee making facilities and access to Wi-Fi.
Workington Travelodge also features the company’s new multimillion pound Covid-19 safety and social distance programme, called Travelodge Protect +.
TravelodgeProtect+ has been developed by a dedicated cross-functional hygiene strategy team, in line with government guidance and will become the way Travelodge operates going forward. The programme includes:
Cleaning & Hygiene
· Comprehensive cleaning throughout its hotels using an antiviral disinfectant – effective against Coronavirus
· Additional post clean room checks with digital tracking in place to ensure consistently high standards
· Increased cleaning frequency in high touchpoints in public areas and rooms
· All linen and towels thermally disinfected
· Comprehensive training of every hotel team member on cleaning, hygiene and social distancing
· Installation of customer hand sanitiser stations in key locations in the hotel
· Protective reception screens
· Signage to mark social distance points throughout the hotel including check-in markings
· Monitoring the number of customers in a designated area such as the reception area and lifts
· PPE provided for all hotel team members
· To minimise contact, housekeeping team members will not enter customer’s rooms during their stay
· Contactless payment
· Contactless check-out
Lyndsay Wright, Workington Travelodge, Hotel Manager, said, “We are very excited to open in Workington and become the town’s first branded budget hotel chain. This opening cements our presence of being in all corners of the nation’s favourite Staycation destination, the Lake District.
'As more Britons are holidaying at home this year, we are geared up for a busy year ahead and we have a Covid-19 safety programme called TravelodgeProtect+ in place. This safety programme is designed to keep our customers and teams safe and has been implemented into all Travelodge hotels.”
“I am very proud to have built a team who are as passionate about delivering world class customer service, like I am. Interestingly, three quarters of my team positons have been filled by parents – who were attracted by Travelodge’s Parents Programme.
'This bespoke scheme offers flexible working hours around the school run, a career development programme allowing parents to climb the career ladder from an entry level position into management whist raising their family. I love this part of my job, as it is so rewarding to develop your team members to become hotel managers of the future.”