Costa Express is rolling out a mobile contactless ordering system across 9000+ machines nationwide this autumn - marking a UK first for the coffee machine industry - enabling a limited contact, more innovative way for customers to order their favourite drink.
The easy-to-use contactless ordering can be accessed via the Costa Coffee Club app. Customers can choose from a selection of their favourite classics including, the signature Latte, Cappuccino or Flat White Hot Chocolate,
The innovative new system, which is only activated when a customer is in close proximity of the Costa Express machine, will be available to use through the Costa Coffee Club app. Coffee lovers with an existing account will already be able to access the feature.
Customers wanting to try the new way of ordering simply need to download the latest version of the app, where they will then find the mobile contactless ordering system already enabled.
The easy steps:
• Register or log-in to an existing account and click on the ‘Express’ icon which sits on the main landing page of the Costa Coffee club app
• Scan the QR code, which is located on the Costa Express machine to browse the wide range of options available and select your barista quality drink of choice
• Select and customise the chosen drink with a range of delicious syrups available
• Place one of the iconic red Costa Express cups onto the drinks platform and tap ‘make drink’ to watch the perfect pour
• Payment instructions will be provided on the innovative touch screen of the coffee machine.
For every purchase made at a Costa Express machine, customers can collect points* via the Costa Coffee Club App which are redeemable on food and drink items across Costa Coffee stores nationwide.
Managing Director, Scott Martin at Costa Express, said, “Costa Express is synonymous with exceptional coffee on-the-go, so we’re delighted to roll out this state-of-the-art mobile contactless ordering system, which ultimately demonstrates our position as the category leader in intelligent coffee.
“Costa Express Free Coffee Day demonstrated how hard we’ve worked to revolutionise the self-serve experience. Unfortunately for us, we were tarnished by poor perceptions of vend; stale coffee, powdery hot chocolate and why on earth was soup from a machine ever an option?
'Customers from all over the country are blown away by the quality of our product and during these uncertain times, their daily coffee run has proven to be all that more important as they try to include a bit of normal in their routine.
“The technology is nothing short of a gold-standard level of innovation – a UK first for the coffee machine industry - and we’re proud to lead the charge as our customers enjoy a new and exciting way to order their favourite machine crafted, barista quality coffee.”