With hospitality estimated to be missing out on some £100m a year in gluten-free sales*, Aryzta Food Solutions is using the advent of Coeliac Awareness Week to unveil a new range of gluten-free bakery items, helping sites profit from this growing market.
The new products – which join Aryzta's comprehensive range of gluten free bakes – include a versatile soft Rustic Cinnamon and Raisin Sandwich Baguette, a moreish Granola Cookie Crust Cheesecake, a light and delicate Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake, an indulgent Chocolate and Beetroot Layer Cake and a traditional Lemon Drizzle Traybake.
Developed and produced by the skilled team of Development Chefs, and frozen for ultimate freshness and convenience, the gluten may be removed, but not at the cost of taste and texture. In fact, the firm is confident that consumers would not know the difference between these products and those with gluten.
Paul Maxwell, Marketing Manager, said, “With sales of gluten-free products predicted to increase by 25% by 2022, this is a market deserving of greater consideration by operators across hospitality. Coeliacs, or those with a gluten intolerance want the confidence to know that what they are eating is safe for them, while operators need the confidence to serve food that meets these requirements and delivers on taste and quality.
'However, it’s not just Coeliacs or those with a gluten intolerance who are looking to avoid gluten. 55% of free-from consumers do not actually have an allergy or intolerance, nor do they live with anyone that does. Choosing free-from products is a lifestyle ?choice for these consumers. “This is where taste and quality in gluten-free products really become paramount.”
The range includes:
- Rustic Cinnamon & Raisin Sandwich Baguette - an individually wrapped rustic gluten free cinnamon and raisin baguette.
- Granola Cookie Crust Cheesecake - gluten free granola crumb case filled with a rich & creamy American style cheesecake filling. Pre- portioned into 12 portions.
- Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake - a crunchy gluten free biscuit base topped with creamy gluten free cheesecake swirled with a blueberry flavour filling. Pre-cut in to 14 portions.
- Chocolate and Beetroot Layer Cake - a two-layer gluten free chocolate & beetroot cake filled and topped with chocolate filling and pink frosting. Decorated with swirls of chocolate sauce and chocolate shavings.
- Lemon Drizzle Traybake - moist gluten free lemon sponge drizzled with a lemon syrup. Decorated with nibbed sugar pieces and a drizzle of lemon icing. Pre-portioned in to 15 portions.
The gluten-free range is prepared and packaged in a gluten-free environment, but for businesses to be able to deliver on the gluten-free promise, caution needs to be taken around cross-contamination in a professional kitchen environment.