Chiquito launched a new vegan menu, which will see a number of traditional Mexican favourites reimagined as indulgent vegan additions.
The new vegan menu includes:
Loaded Vegan Wedges
- crispy baked sweet potato wedges, loaded with vegan chorizo, sweetcorn and vegan cheddar melt.
- pibil jackfruit, vegan chorizo and sweetcorn with rice, black beans and tomatoes in a hot ancho sauce
- two tortillas filled with rice & black beans, baked and topped with the signature tomato sauce, vegan cheddar & mozzarella mix & Oatly fraiche
Vegan Corn Ribs
(pictured) - oven roasted ‘Rib style’ corn, smothered in chipotle sauce, with naked slaw, Oatly fraiche & sweet potato fries
Vegan Telera Bun
- banana blossom burger with vegan chorizo & sweetcorn mix and a vegan cheddar sauce, with sweet potato fries
Vegan Mexican Mess
- creamy vanilla vegan torte on a crumbly biscuit base served in a crisp tortilla basket, topped with vegan ice cream, chocolate sauce and frozen raspberries
Vegan Deep Fried Ice Cream
- red berry ice cream, deep fried and served in a crisp tortilla basket, finished with chocolate sauce and frozen raspberries
A spokesperson for the chain said, “Mexican food is already packed with fresh, natural ingredients so we know it lends itself naturally to those looking to incorporate less meat in their diet. Our aim is to make vegan appealing for all guests, and to encourage more to try it whether they’re visiting our restaurants or taking away!
'We had a great response to our first vegan menu in 2019 and wanted to continue bringing the best of Mexican food to the UK dining scene, so Veganuary was the perfect opportunity to take all the fun and fresh ingredients of Mexico and rework them using plant-based ingredients.
'We’re even more excited that so many of our guests can now order these new dishes on Click and Collect, or our delivery partners (UberEats, Deliveroo and JustEat) at selected sites alongside our better known classics.'
The company is also currently offering 30% off all Click & Collect mains.