The Hush Collection, the 13-strong London-based restaurant group consisting of Hush Mayfair, Cabana, Haché and Little Planted Kitchen, led by Jamie Barber and Ed Standring, has today announced its financial results for the year ending 26 December 2021, with turnover of 8.7% up from 2019.
The company enjoyed a strong performance in 2021 marred only by the emergence of Omicron in December that led to the cancellation of a significant number of Christmas bookings. Despite this, the restaurants performed well ahead of expectations.
• Group turnover: £11.48m (2020: £8.42m), up 36.3%.
• Group EBITDA: £1.076m (2020: EBITDA loss of £389k).
• Senior debt repaid in full.
• Refurbished the Cabana estate to support the brand’s focus as a modern, vibrant group of independent Latin American restaurants.
• The Cabana franchise in Saudi Arabia continues to trade well with a further site expected to open in late 2022. Further international development is planned as the group seeks new franchise territories.
• Hush continues to trade exceptionally well and is on track to have one of its best years; a remarkable achievement for a 20-year-old restaurant.
• Haché is in the spotlight with its limited-edition Truffle Croissant Burger winning the accolade of Most Instagrammable Dish at this year’s Taste of London.
• Little Planted Kitchen our dark vegan brand is now operating out of 12 locations, including a first Deliveroo Editions kitchen.
Jamie Barber, Executive Chairman, commented, “We are proud of our 2021 results, with our restaurants performing well ahead of expectations. As well as an exceptional year for Hush, we are now in position to consider new UK and international franchise opportunities for Cabana whilst our focus on new product development and recipe collaborations has resulted in solid trading for Haché.
“Whilst we remain cautious in the short term as we navigate through a myriad pressures including a cost of living crisis, squeeze on consumer spending, labour shortage and material increases in utility bills, we are confident that with our continued commitment to brand development and drive to create exceptional experiences, our guests will continue to visit us for a fabulous night out.”